Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Pro Speaks: Heroes' Jesse Alexander

From Wizard Universe:

Because Tim is not a comic book guy. He’s never read a comic book. He’s not that guy at all, and so he approaches this from an incredibly open, real-world, naturalistic, humanistic way that touches that broad audience. Whereas someone like myself, or some of the other guys on the show, if we had tried to create this show it would’ve been something completely different. It would’ve been a disaster. It would’ve been guys running around in costumes and blasting each other with lasers every day. It would’ve been a completely different animal.

I don't want to agree with this. Because I am such a huge fan of comic books, and because I do have a strong desire to see the medium succeed and prosper. Though I understand his point, to me, costumes and lasers are fun.

No comments: