Friday, January 19, 2007

Booklist: Making Comics by Scott McCloud

Click here for Scott McCloud's page.

Scott McCloud is the author of Understanding Comics, a book I've never read, but have wanted to for quite some time. I'm positive we can all agree that the more we know about the Comic Books the better of we'll be. Well, McCloud has a new book out, Making Comics, which seems to be even more related to our topic of study.

If I'm good, I'll pick these book up. I suggest you do as well.

UPDATE: I was at Borders and I saw McCloud's Understanding Comics. I picked it up and read the first 10 pages. Based off of those 10 pages I have this to say: Scott McCloud is a brilliant writer with a great sense of what makes a comic book work. His ideas are insightful and well thought out, and the way in which he conveys those ideas easy to grasp. This is a must read.

As soon as I get some extra income, I will be buying Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, and Writing Comics.

No comments: