Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Pro Speaks: Frazer Irving

From an interview with Frazer Irving at CBR.

So they keep me in check. If I had scripts that were always loose, I'd get lazy, but if I had scripts that were always tight, I'd be in a mental hospital.

Very good reminder, since I'm always over thinking my scripts. The last thing I wrote, my submission for Young American Comics, I had it all plotted out so tightly, down to panel by panel breakdowns, that my artist had to condense a good amount of stuff. I think it's super important to give your artist a good amount of room to be an artist. Just makes sense to me.

As far as Mr. Irving goes, I hadn't heard of him, not really, until his recent work on Silent War. I'm loving it. It's very stylized and unique, which is great, I think, because it sets the book apart from other books on the shelves. There is a lot of comic art out there that doesn't grip me, but his really does. Check out that last panel there. I mean the one showing the Inhumans for who they are. There's just something about panels within panels that really gets me.

No comments: