Monday, April 16, 2007

Musing: No More School

I've come to a crossroads in my life. I suppose.

I'm going to be graduating from College in a few weeks, and I'm supposed to start my life as a real honest to gosh human being living in a consumer society.

SWEET!

I don't have a job yet. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do.

Except write comic books. You see, that's why I started this here blog thing in the first place.

I've learned a lot from this blog, it's been a great ride. Forcing myself to study my favorite art form has really helped me evolve as a writer. I even got to see a script of mine transformed into actual sequential art.

I think I've become a bit of a comics elitist as well, though I'm trying hard not to be. Graphical smiley.

I don't know how successful this blog has been as far as a device to share ideas on comic books. I've no real idea how to market this bad boy on the interweb, but it's a dream I have. Someday, people will come here to discuss craft.

I truly enjoy writing here. I suppose any excuse to look at Newsarama is a fine one for me, but I've never seen interviews in quite the same light. For that matter, I've never read comic books in quite the same way.

It's a lot of fun, trying to figure out why things work the way that they do.

Who knows what career path I'll eventually wind up taking, but I know one thing for sure:

I'll always have these crazy characters floating in my head, and they need to get out somehow: comics just happens to be my preferred medium.

No comments: